Why Choose Dr. Alla Agamov?
- 16+ Years Clinical Experience
- Advanced Post-Graduate Training & Expert in the Fields of:
• Cosmetic Dentistry
• Full Mouth Reconstruction
• BOTOX Cosmetic & Facial Fillers
• Invisalign PREMIER Provider
- Graduate of the Prestigious Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine at Boston University
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a procedure that removes stains and discoloration from teeth.
Discoloration can be the result of a combination of things:
- Poor oral hygiene
- The effects of aging
- Certain foods.
Whitening techniques will only work for staining caused by some medications if the discoloration is very mild. Teeth that are discolored because of medication or excessive fluoride are not good candidates for the whitening procedure. Veneers are the best solution for more severe discoloration cases. Once you reach our office, our dentist will let you know the best solution for you.
We are delighted to offer our patients the latest in whitening procedures. The Zoom! In-Office Whitening System is a revolutionary tooth whitening procedure. It’s safe effective and very fast.
- 1First, we check the teeth for cavities as the whitening gel can cause serious damage if it leaks into these areas. If cavities are found, they must be repaired before tooth whitening takes place. If there are no cavities, we will begin the whitening process. The process is quick, easy, and comfortable. Under the dentists’ supervision, our whitening treatments are completely safe and will not harm teeth or gums.
- 2Then, a protective covering will be placed over your gums to protect the soft tissue from the bleaching agent.
- 3In just 45 minutes, this safe and effective system can give you the instant results you’ve been wanting – an average of eight shades! The Zoom2! light activated gel is a scientifically formulated, pH balanced Hydrogen Peroxide that, when activated by the Zoom2! light, gently penetrates the teeth to remove deep stains and discoloration. With 3 fifteen minute sessions you will have a beautiful, bright smile in less than 1 hour. With proper care and an occasional touch-up at home, your whiter smile will sparkle for years. Also with the new Zoom2! system, our patients experience up to 67% less sensitivity than with the previous Zoom! system.
- 4You will be given some post-whitening care instructions after your procedure. It is important to maintain a good oral hygiene regimen post-whitening to preserve your bright, white smile. We also recommend occasional touch-ups with the Zoom! Take-Home Gel. Your smile will always be brighter than it was before the procedure, but by following these simple instructions, you can retain your results for a long time!
The advantage of using dentist-supervised bleaching is that teeth can be properly assessed to have the correct chemical concentration, correct method and length of treatment and to be sure the patient is even suitable to have their teeth whitened.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!